Fire claims house

NAMEY, Nov 5: One house was gutted in a fire accident that occurred in Namey village in Lower Siang district on Saturday.
However, no loss of life has been reported. The fire reportedly occurred due to an electric short-circuit.
Nari-Koyu MLA Kento Rina, who rushed to the spot and met the affected family, sought a detailed report on the incident and urged the administration to extend assistance to the affected family. He also assured to extend all possible help from his end, and appealed to the people to remain alert.
Earlier, ADC Bani Lego and other officials visited the spot and took stock of the situation. The ADC handed over Rs 3600 to the affected family as immediate relief. He said compensation would be provided after the submission of the detailed report on the losses incurred.