ITANAGAR, 2 Feb: Atleast six families were rendered homeless when three traditional houses were gutted in a major fire accident at Upper RWD Colony here on Tuesday.
According to reports, the houses belonged to one Abuk Panyang.
The fire broke out around 2 pm and engulfed the entire houses immediately, as two cooking gas cylinders burst. One car, two bikes and several other valuable assets were completely gutted.
However, no losses of life or injuries are reported.
Fire Station officer in charge Koj Taro informed that the reason behind the fire accident is yet to be ascertained.
Taro informed the fire brigade got information around 2 pm about the fire but by the time fire tender reached at the site, three kutcha houses were completely reduced to ashes.
However, the fire brigade with the help of locals managed to control the fire from spreading.
Taro further appealed public to follow the fire safety norms including placing fire extinguishers to avoid accident.
Later, Itanagar Municipal Corporation deputy mayor Biri Bassang visited the spot and assured to arrange accommodation for the affected families.