ITANAGAR, 15 May: Taking note of “the continuous and rapid increase in daily Covid-19 cases, state and district moving averages in positivity rates and bed occupancy ratios,” the state government has issued further guidelines for containing Covid-19 to all the districts in the state after consultation with the Arunachal Pradesh Disaster Management Authority.
These extended containment measures will come into effect from 5 am of 16 May and remain in place till further orders, informed
Principal Health Secretary Dr Sharat Chauhan on Saturday evening.
It is to be noted that these guidelines are separate from the orders/guidelines being implemented in districts/areas under full containment (lockdown), such as the Itanagar capital region and Tawang.
As per the guidelines, there shall be a total ban on movement of individuals from 3 pm to 5 am daily, except for exemptions for emergency/essential services and departments, and those going for Covid-19 vaccination with proof of session/site registration.
All shops and commercial establishments shall shut down at 2 pm on all days. Restaurants, dhabas and other eateries can entertain dine-in guests only upto 2 pm. Restaurants operating within a hotel or resort can allow outside guests upto 2 pm only, after which only in-house guests of the hotel/resort may be provided room service.
Delivery of essential goods through e-commerce may continue with observance of Covid-appropriate behaviour.
Storage facilities and warehouses may continue operating after 2 pm. Sales counters, pharmacies, hospitals, animal care centres and veterinary clinics may operate without restrictions, being providers of essential and emergency services.
All government offices shall function till 2 pm with attendance of all Group A and B officials, but with only 30 percent Group C staff (on a roster basis).
“In case the test positivity of Covid-19 in any district, town or area reaches five percent or more in the preceding one-week average, the district magistrate may, in consultation with the department of health & family welfare, notify such area(s) as containment or micro- containment zone(s) for implementing targeted measures for suppressing transmission of infection and medical management of Covid-19,” Chauhan said.
Marriages and religious functions will be private affairs and will be allowed in the presence of a maximum of 10 persons. No reception parties will be allowed for post- or pre-marriage functions.
Funeral/last rites-related gatherings shall not have more than 10 persons.
All religious places shall remain closed till further orders. However, the religious head of a religious place or his representative may perform minimal religious rituals/prayers.
All public transport vehicles will be allowed to operate with only upto 30 percent occupancy; autorickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate with one driver and two passengers – all observing Covid-19 appropriate behaviour. Pillion riding will be totally prohibited on two-wheelers, except for women and children.
Any person/group of persons acting in violation of the order will be liable to be punished under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code and relevant provisions of the Disaster Management Act, 2005.
The extended restrictions will not be applicable to the following essential/emergency services departments:
- Governor’s secretariat, chief minister’s office, chief secretary’s office, the Itanagar bench of the Gauhati High Court and district courts, district administration, police, security forces, fire & emergency services, home department, finance and planning department, medical, postal services, NIC, APDMA, disaster management department, SDRF, power, PHED, food & civil supplies, finance, taxes, treasury and accounts, banks/ATMs, IT&C, IPR, AIR and Doordarshan, social welfare department, including functioning of women helpline, child protection services, LPG services, including their delivery, distribution and transportation, prison-related services, courier services, municipal services like cleaning and sanitation, and the Food Corporation of India Limited.
- Agriculture and allied activities, forestry and ongoing construction works will be allowed subject to the contractor/owner ensuring adherence to Covid-19 appropriate behaviour. The district task force concerned shall ensure that labourers already at the site are engaged and no new labourers are brought from outside. Further, transportation to and from the camp to the work site shall be arranged by the contractor/owner concerned.
- Cold storage and warehousing services, manufacturing units, mini/small-scale industries and production units or services requiring continuous process will be allowed to operate subject to the owner/management ensuring adherence to Covid-19 appropriate behaviour. The district task force concerned shall ensure that labourers/workers already at the site are engaged and no new labourers/workers are brought from outside. Further, transportation to and from the industry shall be arranged by the owner/management concerned.
Movement of goods/persons related to commercial and private establishments providing the following essential services/commodities shall continue to be allowed:
- a) Shops dealing with food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, meat and fish, animal fodder, pharmaceuticals, medicines and medical equipments.
- b) Banks, insurance offices and ATMs.
- c) Telecommunication, internet services, broadcasting and cable services, IT services.
- d) Delivery of all essential goods, including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through e-commerce.
- e) Petrol pumps, LPG, CNG, petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets.
- f) Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services.
- g) Cold storage and warehousing services.
- h) Private security services.
- i) Manufacturing units of essential commodities and industrial production units or services which require continuous process.
- j) All establishments and personnel related to the print and electronic media.