No breakthrough yet in Toko Yame death investigation

Staff Reporter
ITANAGAR, Oct 6: Even after twenty one days, police have not been able to make any breakthrough in the death case of school student Toko Yame. Late Toko Yame went missing after group clashes broke out involving students of Government Higher Secondary School Tawang and Jawaharlal Novdya Vidalaya (JNV) Tawang on September 16, 2017.
Later, Yame’s semi-decomposed body was found near Biga Bridge Waterfall near the JNV campus.
When contacted SP Tawang M K Meena informed The Arunachal Times that police is awaiting Post Mortem report from the Tomo Riba Institute of Health and Medical Science ( TRIHMS).
“Without Post Mortem report, there cannot be a breakthrough in the case” said SP Meena.
However, official from TRIHMS claimed that post mortem report has already been sent to Tawang.
Aggrieved father has expressed displeasure at the pace of investigation being conducted by the Tawang Police.
“Almost a month has passed, but there has been no progress in the investigation” rued Koya Yame, father of late Toko Yame.
” I don’t know why police is taking so much time in cracking the case, even though the suspects have been apprehended” Koya added.
SP informed that 18 persons have been apprehended in connection with death of Toko Yame.
“Most of apprehended persons are juvenile, they have been put in juvenile observation room” SP added. The SP further stated that technical analysis on details call record is on to get the lead. He denied external pressure from any individual or organisation with an intention to weaken the case.
Meanwhile, miffed with the pace of investigation, various organisations from East Kameng and West Kameng districts organised a peaceful protest rally at Tawang on Thursday.
Aka Welfare Society of East Kameng district, Aka Cultural Organisation, All Kitchang Welfare Organisation, Degio Welfare Society, All Aka Youth Association, All West Kameng Students Union, All Aka Students Union and Kameng Youth Organisation expressed strong resentment at investigating agency for not being able to solve the case. The organisations served ten days ultimatum to the district police to crack the case or face far reaching democratic implications from various organisations of two districts.