Two dead due to electrocution in Itanagar, Thrizino

ITANAGAR, Jan 2: A six-year-old boy, identified as Tarh Tagung, was electrocuted on Monday near the office of this daily.
The deceased reportedly climbed on a high voltage transformer and came in touch with live wire. Such was the impact that the body was reportedly tossed up in the air for a few seconds and landed on the highway.
While talking to this daily, officer-in-charge of Itanagar police station T Bage informed that the boy died on the spot.
“A UD case under section 174 CRPC has been registered. Post-mortem has been conducted and the body has been handed over to the family,” said OC Bage.
Late Tagung was son of Tarh Tame and Tarh Yayum of Yangte circle under Kra Daadi district and was currently residing here at E-Sector.
The Tarh Welfare Society in a release claimed that the boy while playing with his friends unknowingly went inside the unfenced high voltage transformer leading to his death.
Alleging negligence, they have appealed to the state Power Minister to conduct an inquiry and arrest the erring officials and suspend all the responsible staffers at the earliest.
In Thrizino, former sports secretary of the All Aka (Hrusso) Students Union (AAHSU), Sonu Regisow also died due to an electric shock at around 11 pm on 31 December.
Son of late Mijong Regisow and Singrim Regisow of Sakrin Village in West Kameng district, a 28-year-old Sonu was an energetic and social minded person of the district.
In a condolence message, AAHSU President Atul Thasusow said that the union deeply mourned the death of its former leader and prayed to the almighty for eternal peace of the departed soul.
According to Bomdila SP, PN Khrimey, there was no foul play in the tragic incident and the family of late Sonu did not lodge any FIR in this regard.