Health min inspects construction of new TRIHMS block


NAHARLAGUN, 19 Apr: Health Minister Alo Libang on Monday inspected the ongoing construction of a new block of TRIHMS here which will have all facilities of a super-specialty hospital, including trauma care, MRI, OPD, etc.

The construction of the building started in March 2018 and, as per the agreement, it was supposed to be completed by March 2021.

The contractor of the building, Ha Tatu while briefing the media said that due to Covid-19 and Assam election the work got delayed. “I have got an extension of one year but I am assuring to hand over the complete building to TRIHMS authorities by October and hopefully it will be inaugurated on 2 October, 2021,” he said.

TRIHMS Director Dr Moji Jini informed that 85 percent work on the building has been completed. “The remaining 15 percent work will need some time to complete. We are strictly monitoring the work and there is no compromise with the quality. We even check the quality of bricks and iron rods being used for the construction of the building,” said Dr Jini.

He also said that TRIHMS is “the face of the state health department” and every effort will be made to develop it as a good hospital.

Libang declared that the new block is the largest building in the state. “It will have all the equipment and facilities of a modern super-specialty hospital,” said he.