House reduced to ashes

MECHUKA, Jan 8: The private residence of one Tashi Kochung was reduced to ashes in a fire at Dongsor Colony here in West Siang district on Sunday.
On receiving information of the fire, a police team and locals rushed to the spot, but the house was completely gutted in the blaze by the time they arrived at the scene.
Reportedly, property worth lakhs of rupees, including local ornaments and other household materials, were lost in the fire.
A child also sustained severe burn injuries on his face and left arm. However, no casualties were reported.
Meanwhile, the United Students’ Organization of Mechuka, led by its President Dindup Kigar, handed over some cash to the victim as immediate relief.
The students’ body appealed to the local administration to provide immediate relief to the victims.