House gutted

CHIMPU, Sep 16: The house of one Biki Takam Comsung was burnt down when a fire broke out on Sunday at around 1 am, destroying property reportedly worth lakhs of rupees.
The house was located in the compound of the 133 kv power house substation here, and the cause of the fire is suspected to be a short-circuit.
Speaking to reporters, Comsung said, “The front door was entirely ablaze. I, along with my wife and young children escaped through the backdoor.”
Comsung, who is also the joint secretary of the Arunachal Pradesh Chemist & Druggist Association (APCDA), said the fire reduced everything to ashes, including local beads, cash and other valuable items, and ATM card, and that they are left with no cash for food or shelter.
Meanwhile, the colony’s members have urged the district administration to help the family.
APCDA president Pawan Bagang informed that the fire brigade arrived to douse the fire but could not minimize the property loss.