100% reservation under dist quota opposed

ITANAGAR, Mar 6: The All Apatani Youth Association, the All Tagin Youth Organization and the Galo Youth Organization have requested the state government to roll back “the notification (APSSB Rules, 2018) vide No AR-68/2018 (Part), dated 16th October 2019.”
They said that “the notification, which is a re-modification of the government notification/order No OM-38/76 (Vol-2), dated 27th August 1997, had made 100 percent reservation for the candidates belonging to scheduled tribes (ST) of the concerned district, which is totally against the right of equal opportunity for employment under Article 16 of the constitution of India.”
Strongly opposing the notification of 16 October, 2019, the organizations in a joint memorandum to the governor, the chief minister and the home minister on Friday claimed that “as per this notification, there will be no meaning of the qualification of the candidates, and in many cases genuinely deserving candidates will be deprived of and candidates without required quality and calibre will enter into government jobs in the name of reservation under district quota.”
“According to the earlier notification, dated 27 August, 1997, 80 percent of the Group C and D posts shall be reserved for the candidates belonging to ST of concerned district and the remaining 20 percent post shall be reserved for the candidates belonging to the other districts of the state,” they said. “The above order has been implemented and the posts under DC’s cadre had been recruited as per the above order since then.”
The organizations further said that the modified notification would be detrimental to the society in the long run, “and such notification is a discrimination against the genuine hardworking aspirants.”
Copies of the memorandum were submitted to the chief secretary and the APSSB chairman also.