House gutted in fire; MLA stresses need for fire brigades

MACHUM, Feb 8: In an unfortunate incident, the house of one Wandong Tikhak was gutted by fire that occurred in Machum village in Changlang district on Friday.
An eyewitness informed that despite several efforts, the people were unable to salvage anything from the burning house. He also said that nobody was injured in the incident.
Sparks emitting from faulty electricity wiring is suspected to be the reason behind the fire.
Local MLA Laisam Simai reached out to the affected family with relief materials, such as CGI sheets, kitchen appliances, ration and blankets, through his representatives, and assured them of further help from his end.
Speaking to this correspondent, Simai raised the need for setting up fire brigades in places like Jairampur, Nampong and Manmao, which are growing rapidly as towns. He said he would approach the appropriate authorities for establishing a fire brigade, at least in Jairampur town.