NEW DELHI, 22 Dec: Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on Tuesday ruled out conducting board examinations for Classes 10 and 12 till February next year in view of the Covid-19 situation.
He said a decision on when the exams will be conducted will be taken later after due consultations and assessment of the situation.
“Keeping the current situation in mind, it has been decided that the board exams for Classes 10 and 12 will not be conducted till February 2021. A decision on the exam schedule will be taken later after assessment of situation and more consultations,” Nishank said in an online interaction with teachers.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) had earlier this month announced that board exams in 2021 would be conducted in the written mode and not online.
Schools across the country were closed in March to contain the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic. They were partially reopened in some states from 15 October.
However, a few states have decided to keep them closed in view of a spike in the number of infections.
The board exams had to be postponed midway in March. They were later cancelled, and results announced on the basis of an alternative assessment scheme.
The education minister had a live interaction with students on 10 December and answered questions about various concerns regarding the conduct of upcoming board exams. (PTI)