One electrocuted to death

ITANAGAR, 7 May: A youth was electrocuted on Wednesday at Mori village in Siang district, while a power department staffer sustained grievous injuries.

The victims have been identified as Shanom Jerang and Tabir Tatin. While Jerang succumbed to his injuries on the spot, Tatin was rushed to the BPGH in Pasighat for treatment.

The incident occurred when the victim was assisting in clearing the line that had fallen near his house during the recent thunderstorm in the area. Witnesses claim that the line that was being pulled accidentally touched a live wire.

However, an FIR has been filed, and the police visited the incident site for verification.

The body of the victim has been handed over to the bereaved family after postmortem.

Jerang is survived by his wife, two sons and a daughter.

Meanwhile, the Jering Matkir Society’s Hiyom banggo block president Tamuli Tako expressed shock over the incident and mourned the demise of Jerang on behalf of the entire society. Expressing condolences to the bereaved family, he prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul.